I've said before I'm not that into clothes and I especially don't like shopping for them. Well something has shifted and this is no longer true. I have a little confession.... I find myself thinking about shoes sometimes a lot. And there's more. I have thoughts of entire outfits that I don't even have an occasion for. There I said it. Fashion fantasizing - I'm copping to it. That's the first step - admitting, right?
One of the reasons for my shift is perhaps because the new trends are finally feminine and thus incredibly flattering!!! No more MC Hammer-style pants and boxy blazers and what up with all the 'boyfriend' stuff?
So, I thought I would share my list of things I covet for the Spring... Let the fashion fantasizing begin!
1. Flared skirt. I bought one last spring and was amazed at how versatile and flattering it is. It looks great on every body type!
This is the skirt I have by Robert Rodriguez
2. Pencil skirt. The ubiquitous pencil skirt never really lost it's place as a fashion mainstay, but it seems now there are more fabric choices, patterns and lengths to choose from. I find the slightly longer length - to just below the knee - to be the most flattering.
3. Bomber jacket. Omg, I LOVE these, but they are definitely a trend and will probably be out next year. So, don't buy an 'investment' piece. Still, there are lots of fun options out there!
4. Pink. Did you know pink is THE color for Spring? Here's another confession...pink is my favorite color. For obvious reasons, I don't wear it out much other than running attire and my fuzzy pink wear-around-the-house socks obsession, but now the fashion police have given the green light to bust out the pink!
Paris Fashion Week
5. Gold accessories. For like ever it seems, platinum and silver were the metals of choice. I'm loving the change to the warmth of gold jewelry and accessories. It also looks great with pink!
6. Shoes with an ankle strap. Any heel height. Any time. Any occasion.
A little tidbit I just discovered. When you pin an item of clothing (or maybe anything?) from it's original ecommerce site onto a Pinterest board, Pinterest notifies you when it goes on sale! i had no idea until I received an email letting me know a maxi skirt I pinned a week ago has been marked down.
As if we don't yet another reason to fall into the abyss otherwise known as Pinterest! More of my fashion pins are on my Pinterest page - here.